Friday, April 29, 2011

Drive-In Super Monster Rama Returns!


Hey Superfans!

I've written about the wonderful Drive-In Super Monster Rama hosted by the Riverside Drive-In each fall, and am thrilled to report they have posted this September's lineup. In my personal opinion it is their best yet! It includes Mario Bava's Black Sabbath, The Last Man On Earth (the original I Am Legend adaptation), both Dr. Phibes films, the original Count Yorga, and more! All of these are 35mm prints and you'll also get to see a ton of vintage trailers and promos. Team Fantasmo ventured up there a couple of years back and it was a blast . . . I think we'll definitely be returning this year for a pre-Monster Fest warm-up : )

Also don't forget Monday kicks off the weeklong Lance Henriksen Blog-A-Thon celebrating the forthcoming release of the biography Not Bad For A Human. For more details or to participate click the image on the right. I'll have a post up on Monday offering my thoughts on one of my favorite Henriksen films, as well as its importance in the context of his larger oeuvre. Satisfaction guaranteed!

No comments: